Sunday, September 21, 2008

Eating may not be a problem

Well, for the first week, she ate almost exclusively sweet stuff at breakfast.  But she has started to eat a few more healthy things so I'm thinking maybe she thought she might not have the opportunity again.  But Guohua seems pretty willing to try anything.  One day, she walked into my room holding a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich - with some cheese potato sticks thrown in for good measure.  She's ordered a steak (had to show her how to use a knife) and qesadillas at a restaurant.  Likes pizza too and yoghurt is a staple.  When I asked her to get something at the grocery store for dinner, she made a beeline for French Bread.  Though she eats more fried rice than anyone I know and she like dark vinegar on everything, I think she'll find plenty she likes at home!  She did buy a cook book in Harbin - though it's in Chinese so she'll be on her own there.

No comments: