Thursday, September 11, 2008

An aside on Anna





One of the things I really wanted from this trip is for Anna to have memories of herself in China - to feel comfortable and happy here. Probably a tall order for a seven year old, but between having a sister here making it special and the kindness of others, she really seems to be enjoying it. She's slowly getting a little more adventurous in her eating, getting used to all the people and the noise of the city and noticing some of the differences in habits (they throw trash on the ground, but have street cleaners, they have recycling guys go down the street beating on a plastic pail to get attention). The Lord has also given us some fun opportunities for her to be one of the kids. Yesterday our driver's son spent the day with us and today Anna was just one of the kids feeding the birds.

3 comments:

BlessedMomof 5 said...

Tell Anna that we prayed for her last night in GAs!
Melissa for the Weikels

Nancy said...

I am so thrilled to see all the pictures of your family. Zoe and Kendra talked about GuoHua and Guo Yuan all the time... mom what's the new one...? what's the old one? They normally remember one or the other. I keep you all in my prayers during this crazy time or adjustment. It makes me cry and happy all at the same time.

susan said...

Hi guys... I am so happy for you!!!
I can't wait to meet GuoHua. Tell Anna and Eric I said Hi!! You are in my prayers.

love,
susan